I know, I know – it’s HEALTHY! No cream, no butter. I can’t believe it either. BUT….this tastes so good if you don’t tell anyone, they won’t know it’s good for them. I kept it a secret from all and even the kids raved about how much they liked them and that I would have to make these again.
I think I’ll keep the healthy part a secret a bit longer.
- 1¼ pounds ground turkey
- ¾ cup Italian bread crumbs
- ¼ cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 Tbsp dried, chopped parsley
- 1 Tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp ground black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- Your favorite pasta sauce (I used Prego tomato and roasted garlic)
- 1 Cup (apx) Shredded, Low fat, partial skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 small sub rolls
- Mix turkey, bread crumbs, onion, parsley, italian seasoning, salt, pepper and egg in a large bowl.
- Roll mixture into balls roughly an inch in size. I had 18 when finished.
- Heat olive oil in medium-large skillet, not so hot as to create smoke.
- Place meatballs in oil, rotate frequently untill well browned all over.
- Reduce heat, add sauce and simmer for 115-20 minutes
- Place meatballs on rolls (I did three meatballs on each) add a little sauce and top with cheese
- Place on wire rack or cookie sheet and put under high broiler until cheese starts to golden.
ENJOY! Let me know if you try this one and how you like it.