• Tuesday, September 09th, 2008
This is a favorite in my house – kids and adults alike love this quick and easy meal. Makes 4 sandwiches. Delicious, moist beef and warm, melty cheese.
- 1 Pound of seasoned roast beef (I use HEB brand).
- 4 Submarine rolls.
- 2 envelopes of aus Jus mix.
- 8 slices of provolone cheese.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Follow instructions for Aus Jus (I normally use a little less water than instructed).
- While Aus Jus is heating, slice rolls in half lengthwise. Lightly butter each half and grill in skillet until just lightly browned.
- When Aus Jus is hot, reduce heat and add roast beef one slice at a time so as to make sure slices do not stick together.Roast beef will heat quickly, do not leave too long or it will become tough.
- When roast beef is thoroughly heated, place several slices on the bottom half of each roll. Add 2 slices of cheese on top of the roast beef.
- Before placing top half of roll onto cheese, carefully dip (Or use a basting brush) into the Aus Jus so that cut edge is slightly wet.
- Place sandwiches in oven until hot and cheese melted.
- Pour hot Aus Jus into small bowls to be used for dipping sandwiches.
Category: Recipes |