DISCLAIMER: If you are looking for a made-from-scratch cake recipe, move along. Sorry.
This was a special chocolaty cake for my Fiancée, Sherry. As usual I found a recipe I thought looked good and fiddled with it some to make it my own. Everyone agreed it was quite moist and tasty. Even the kids who usually offer some form of suggestion on improvement cleaned the plates in record time.
- 1 Box Chocolate cake mix
- 1 Box Chocolate Pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package of (softened) cream cheese
- 1 Cup white sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 Cup White chocolate chips
- 1 Cup fresh raspberries
- 1 Cup raspberry preserves
- Prepare cake mix according to box directions – add pudding mix to the dry ingrediants before blending.
- I used 2, 9-inch round pans. Be sure they are well greased to allow for easy removal after baking. After pouring batter into pans, sprinkle chocolate chips on top of each.
- After cake is removed from oven and completely cooled, then you can start the frosting.
- In a Large bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- In a small bowl beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form. If you use same beaters as you did for cream cheese, thoroughly wash and dry first – oil from cream cheese will prevent cream from whipping properly.
- Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
- Place first layer of cake onto cake platter, spread a thin layer of raspberry preserves, followed by a thin layer of frosting on top.
- Carefully place second layer of cake onto first, flatest side up.
- Continue frosting rest of cake.
- Carefully place rinsed raspberries on top of cake, evenly covering surface.
- Place cake in refrigerator to chill and allow frosting to firm slightly before serving.
That’s it – now just enjoy!