• Wednesday, September 24th, 2008
This is a light and fluffy mouse with a tart raspberry sauce. Layered like a parfait then frozen. I served mine in fancy, over-sized martini glasses with mint leaf garnish.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 Tablespoon white sugar
- 3 Tablespoons orange liqueur
- 1¾ Cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 Ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 Drop red food coloring
- Process berries in blender or food processor until smooth. Strain mixture into a small bowl, and discard seeds. Add the sugar and liqueur, stir until sugar dissolves.
- In heavy saucepan (double boiler is best) on low heat, warm ¼ cup of the cream and the chocolate, stirring constantly until chocolate melts. Let mixture cool until luke-warm. stir in 1 tablespoon of raspberry sauce and the drop of food coloring. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whip remaining cream to soft peaks. Fold into chocolate mixture, one third at a time until no streaks remain.
- Layer into glasses/dishes, place in refrigerator until well set.
Category: Recipes |