A quick and easy dessert or even breakfast (yep, I ate one for breakfast). Add other fruits or nuts if you like. The hardest part of this one is the time it takes to dice the apples. Try this small batch, then I bet you do what I did – bake a bunch more to eat in the morning as you dash off to work with coffee in hand.
- 1 Package (10 count) of refrigerator biscuits
- 1 Tart apple, peeled and diced
- ¼ Cup craisins
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- ½ Teaspoon nutmeg
- 2½ Tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray muffin pay, thoroughly coat
- Use a rolling pin to flatten each biscuit into a 3-4 inch circle
- Combine apples, craisins, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Place apx 1 tablespoon of mixture onto each biscuit
- Dot each with a small pat of butter
- Bring up side of biscuit, twist and seal into a small pouch.
- Place each into greased muffin cup
- Bake for 13 minutes or until golden brown.