Moist, tender beef bathed in a smooth, thick sauce with a wonderful taste, perfect for dipping bread into. This was already a family favorite, but with this last variation it was declared perfect and DONE! This recipe takes a bit of time to prepare, but it is so worth it. Save some prep time by buying pre-cut veggies.
- 2 Lbs. Beef stew meet, cut into apx ¾ inch chunks
- 3 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- ¾ Cup Beef bouillon
- 3 Tbsp. Tomato paste
- 2 Cloves minced garlic
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 Cup chopped, mixed red, green & yellow bell peppers.
- 1 Small can, sliced mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp. Worcester sauce
- ½ Tsp. Thyme
- 1¼ Cup Burgundy wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1/3 Cup Beef bouillon
- Sauté meat, onion, peppers and mushrooms in vegetable oil. If much liqued builds up in pan, drain off while cooking. Meet should be allowed to brown evenly.
- Transfer to baking dish.
- Deglaze skillet with a little wine, Pour over meat.
- Mix ¾ Cup bouilion, tomato paste, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and ¾ cup wine, add to meat. Bake covered at 300 hundred degrees for 1-3 hours, or until fork tender.
- Wisk together 1/3 cup bouillon, ½ cup wine and cornstarch. Heat in Sauce pan.
- Remove meat from oven, drain off any excess fat. Drain sauce into bouillon & wine mixture.
- Continue heating sauce, stirring continuously until sauce begins to thicken.
- Place meat in sauce and continue stirring until sauce thickens.
Serve over egg noodles with soft italian bread for dipping into sauce.