Moist, tender chicken breasts with a little bite to them. Unlike many of my dinner recipes this one uses only a little butter and cream (can’t go without) so it is reasonably healthy. One kid liked the chicken, but not the sauce. The other kid, well – we made sure to not get our hands near her plate…I’m pretty sure she liked it. Next time I may grill the chicken briefly first to give it some lines and crunch on the outside.
- 4 Skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ Cup honey
- ½ Spicy, brown mustard
- 1 Tsp dried basil
- ½ Tsp paprika
- ½ Tsp dried parsley
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ½ Cup Heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- sprinkle breasts with salt and pepper to taste
- Place breasts in a lightly greased 9×13 baking dish
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients except corn starch and half of the cream. Mix well.
- Pour half of mixture over chicken, brush to cover well.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken, add remaining sauce making sure to fully cover chicken.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Drain sauce into saucepan, add remaining cream and cornstarch. Stir continually over medium heat until thickened.
- Pour thickened sauce over breasts to serve.
You’ll want some fresh, crusty bread to dip into your sauce.